I asked nothing
我一无所求
泰戈尔
I asked nothing,only stood at the edge of the wood behind the tree.
我一无所求,只站在林边树后。
Languor was still upon the eyes of the dawn,and the dew in the air.
倦意还逗留在黎明的眼上,露润在空气里。
The lazy smell of the damp grass hung in the thin mist above the earth.
湿草的懒味悬垂在地面的薄雾中。
Under the banyan tree you were milking the cow with your hands,tender and fresh as butter.
在榕树下你用乳油般柔嫩的手挤着牛奶。
And I was standing still.
我沉静地站立着。
I did not come near you.
我没有走近你。
The sky woke with the sound of the gong at the temple
天空和庙里的锣声一同醒起。
The dust was raised in the road from the hoofs of the driven cattle.
街尘在驱走的牛蹄下飞扬。
With the gurgling pitchers at their hips,women came from the river.
把汩汩发响的水瓶搂在腰上,女人们从河边走来。
Your bracelets were jingling,and foam brimming over the jar.、
你的钏镯丁当,乳沫溢出罐沿。
The morning wore on and I did not come near you.
晨光渐逝而我没有走近你。
重点单词
tender adj. 温柔的,嫩的,脆弱的 ,亲切的,敏感的,未成熟
gong n. 锣 n. 奖章
mist n. 雾,迷蒙,朦胧不清 vt. 使 … 模糊,蒙上
cow n. 母牛,母兽 vt. 恐吓
jar n. 不和谐,刺耳声,震动,震惊,广口瓶 vi. 发刺耳
cattle n. 牛,家畜,畜牲
languor n. 怠惰,疲倦,无气力
damp adj. 潮湿的,有湿气的,沮丧的
本文版权属于英语周报,欢迎分享到朋友圈
后语:坚持是一种信仰,专注是一种态度!每一次您的转发,就是对我们的认同和鼓励!亲们,喜欢就积极转发吧,您的每一次转发,都是我们持续的原创动力。原创的路上感恩有您一路同行!!!
关注“英语周报”头条号,最原创、最海量、最有价值、最有内容、最有情怀的深度阅读平台。