说起“熬夜”的英文
你是不是马上想到
stay up late或
burn the midnight oil?
96岁的老翻译家许渊冲先生
用文艺的英语翻译出了
“熬夜”
让人拍案叫绝
一起看看
The best of all ways一切办法中最好的办法To lengthen our days延长我们的白天To steal some hours from the night从夜晚偷几点钟
老先生这种面对人生和事业的
那种执着和乐观
值得每个人学习!
顺便学习一下跟“熬夜”相关的英文表达
熬夜
stay up late/sit up late 熬夜
I used to stay up late with my mom and watch movies.
我以前总是和妈妈一起熬夜看电影。
pull an all-nighter 开夜车
Did you pull an all-nighter?
你熬了一整夜吗?
burn the mid-night oil 挑灯夜战
Did you burn the midnight oil again last night?
你昨晚又熬夜了吗?
“夜猫子”经常说的口语
1. I am drowsy.
我昏昏欲睡。
2. I 'm so exhausted.
我非常累。
3. I worked till the early morning.
我一直工作到凌晨。
4. I'm a night owl
我是一个夜猫子。
不过,熬夜毕竟对身体伤害很大,小伙伴们还是:
早点睡吧…
1. Don't stay up too late.
别熬太晚!
2. It's time for bed.
该上床睡觉了。
3. Why are you still up?
你怎么还不睡?
4. You should go to bed early.
你应该早点睡。
5. Early to bed, early to rise.
你应该早睡早起。